Guidelines for Submitting Papers for the ACPA Annual Meeting in the Fall of 2014
Deadline for Submissions: April 2, 2014.
Please note that we now ask you to submit papers electronically, as email attachments.
1) The theme of the 2014 meeting is Dispositions, Habits, and Virtues. However, papers on all topics are welcome.
2) Papers must be received no later than 2 April 2014, at email@example.com
3) Submissions must be received through email.
Please save your paper in Microsoft Word (docx preferred) or pdf. (Other formats are not acceptable.) Send your paper as an email attachment to us at firstname.lastname@example.org . The text of your paper should not exceed 15 typed, double-spaced pages, 12 pitch (30 minutes reading time), not including end notes. The paper must begin with a short abstract (150 words), suitable for inclusion in the conference program. (The abstract will not be counted against the overall length of your paper.)
4) The format of the paper should be appropriate for blind reviewing, that is, nothing in the paper itself should reveal the author’s identity. (We will take care that your paper is not identifiable in the way it is saved by us, as blind review is one of the strengths of our conference papers and our proceedings.)
5) In the body of your email, please include:
Complete postal address,
Home phone number,
Work phone number,
E-mail address that will be good from 2 April 2014 through 1 September 2014.
(If you use more than one email address, please include all of them.)
6) It is understood that, by submitting material for possible presentation at the 2014 Annual Meeting, authors agree that, should the paper be accepted for presentation at the Annual Meeting and publication in the Annual Proceedings, they will deliver the paper in person at the 2014 ACPA Conference, and they agree to allow the ACPA to hold the copyright to such material. If the paper is accepted, you will be asked to sign a publication agreement with us.
7) Those authors who wish to have their papers considered for the ACPA Young Scholar’s Award (scholars 35 years of age or younger, regardless of academic position, are eligible) should indicate as much in the body their email.
8) We will acknowledge receipt of your paper by email, shortly after it is submitted. If you have not received acknowledgement that we received your paper within 10 days, please resend it to us. Between 1 and 15 July 2014, we will inform you if your paper has been accepted for the conference, and for publication in the ACPA Proceedings.
9) If you would like to comment on a paper or to chair a session, please let the ACPA Secretary know by sending a separate e-mail to email@example.com or by writing to the ACPA’s National Office. Be sure to provide your e-mail address, as well as your fax, home, and work telephone numbers, and your area of philosophical expertise.