The American Catholic philosophical Association will be offering travel stipends for those who are presenting papers at the ACPA sponsored sessions, including ACPA sponsored satellite sessions (but not including satellite sessions of other organizations) and for those who are commenting upon papers at these sessions. The Association will reimburse travel expenses for up to $500. These expenses must be your own expenses and you must not receive reimbursement from any other person or organization. If your college or university funds part of your expenses, the Association would be pleased to refund the remainder (up to $500). If you are awarded a travel stipend, you will be required to submit an expense form with your receipts. The Association will refund neither the registration fee for the conference nor the charge for the banquet.
The Association has limited funds set aside for travel stipends, so it cannot guarantee a travel stipend (or all $500 of it) to every applicant. Travel stipends will be awarded according to the following criteria (these criteria will be applied in the order presented below):
- All recipients of travel stipends must be ACPA members
- Those presenting papers will have priority over those commenting upon papers.
- Students will have priority over adjunct professors, who will have priority over assistant professors, who will have priority over associate professors, who will have priority over full professors.
- Higher-rated papers will have priority over lower rated papers.
- Earlier applications for funds will have priority over later applications.
Applications are due by October 7, 2015. Stipends will be awarded after the meeting.
Click here to access the travel stipend application page to submit an online application. You must be registered and signed-in to access the page.
If you are having difficulties with your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, you may download a physical copy of the application form here (.doc) or here (.pdf) and the receipt submission form here (.pdf).
Applications not submitted online may be downloaded, filled out, and sent to the following e-mail address:
Or send a physical copy to:
Steven J. Jensen
Professor of Philosophy
University of St. Thomas
Houston, TX 77006